Leave the sugary Honey Mustard Dressing on the grocery store shelf and make this one at home!
We’ve learned that our bodies need fats to metabolize nutrients in salads. The fats need not be in a large amount, but chosen from a good source. This recipe from Beachbody’s cooking show, Fixate, uses a fantastic blend of greek yogurt along with only a few other ingredients. Your prep work will be quick and easy. Be prepared to make multiple batches of this Honey Mustard Dressing! Your family and friends will be begging for more.
HONEY MUSTARD SALAD DRESSING
(courtesy of Beachbody’s Fixate)
SERVES: 8 (approx. 2 Tbsp. each) Prep Time: 10 min. Cooking Time: None
- ½ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, gluten-free
- 3 Tbsp. raw honey
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Combine yogurt, mustard, honey, and vinegar in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Slowly add oil, whisking constantly until well blended; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 102 Total Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 1 mg Sodium: 175 mg Carbohydrates: 9 g Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 7 g, Protein: 1 g
Serve with your favorite salad greens and mix-ins. Husband approved!