- ½ cup butter / dairy-free butter substitute, softened
- ¼ cup cane sugar (sub for honey if desired)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small lemon, zested
- 1 cup gluten-free baking flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare mini muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl whip butter with hand mixer.
- Add sugar and eggs, continue to beat together (apprx 30 seconds)
- Add baking powder, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest from small lemon. Combine.
- Slowly add baking flour while continuing to beat mixture. Add almond flour and almond milk. Continue to beat mixture until fully combined (apprx 1 minute)
- Fold in poppy seeds.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon into each cupcake liner. Makes approximately 20 muffins
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Can make in standard cupcake pan. Yields 6 muffins – Adjust baking time to 15-20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Veggiebalance.com!!