Southwestern Egg Cups
Eggs are the fuel and jalapeños are the fire in this egg cup recipe. Throw in some black beans and cheddar cheese and you have one flavorful breakfast.
Total Time: 35 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Yield: Makes 6 servings, 2 egg cups each
Nonstick cooking spray
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
16 large egg whites (2 cups)
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional
12 medium jalapeños, seeds and veins removed, chopped
1½ cups black beans, drained, rinsed
6 oz. cheddar cheese (about ¾ cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare twelve muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine almond milk and egg whites in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
4. Evenly divide jalapenos, beans, and cheese between prepared muffin cups.
5. Evenly pour egg mixture over broccoli mixture.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of egg cups comes out clean, and eggs are set.
21 Day Fix Equivalents: 1 Green, 1/2 yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Blue
Practice the most balanced approach to optimal health and fitness with flexible dieting. These cookies fit right into your plan and are integrated in my Portion Fix Flexible Dieting program.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup old fashion rolled oats
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt or himalayan salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
- Combine oats, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add applesauce, chocolate & pecans; mix well.
- Drop by heaping Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheet to form 16 cookies; flatten with a spatula.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until firm.
Makes 8 servings, 2 cookies each. Message me for container equivalents on the 21 Day Fix!!
Banana Hazelnut Protein Pancakes with Coconut Vanilla Shakeology Glaze
Sunday Funday is always meal prep time in our house and also a day that we will enjoy something other than eggs, spinach or oatmeal for Breakfast. Today called for something that was a little indulgent but not off our Flexible Diet!
What happens when you combine Whole Oat Flour, Buttermilk powder, Hazelnut flour, an egg, and some siggi’s skyr yogurt (just to name a few) together? You get heaven on a plate!
The cast of Characters:
Follow directions on FlapJacked package. (I halved the ingredients for just one serving). Whisk in one egg and 1/4 cup siggi’s plain yogurt. Add 1/4 tsp. baking powder. Stir. Let sit around 5 minutes and it will thicken. Follow the cooking directions on the bag. Melt 1-2 tsp. coconut oil. Whisk in 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Shakeology. Pour on top of perfectly browned Pancakes!! Enjoy!