Fixate Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting
Serves 12 Prep Time 20 min. Cooking Time 30 min.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder, gluten-free
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ cup unsalted organic grass-fed butter, divided use *see frosting
- 1 cup raw honey (or maple syrup), divided use
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup + 3 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk, divided use
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat 9” round baking pan with spray. Set aside.
Combine both flours, baking powder and salt and set aside.
Cream together ½ cup butter and ¾ cup honey in a medium bowl and beat at medium speed for 1 minute. Add eggs one at a time and beat until blended. Add ¼ cup almond milk and vanilla extract and beat until blended. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until creamy.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Place on a cooling rack. While Cake cools, you can make your frosting!
Whip remaining ¼ cup butter in a medium bowl; beat on medium speed 1-2 minutes or until creamy. Add remaining 3 Tbsp. almond milk and beat until well-blended. Add cocoa powder and blend thoroughly; scraping bowl occasionally.
Slowly add remaining ¼ cup honey while beating on medium speed. Set aside.
Frost cake once cool and cut into 12 slices. Enjoy!