That are under 60 calories!! WHAT the WHAT?? Are you freaking serious!! Yes I am!! Thank you Fitness RX for this recipe!! Check them out for more great fitness tips!
CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUT HOLES
1 scoop Iso Pure Vanilla Whey Protein, or vanilla whey isolate of choice
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Xylitol (or your preferred sweetener) – I used LESS than this!
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. instant coffee granules
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 whole egg
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 TB nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 TB coconut oil, softened
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 12-count doughnut hole pan with non-stick cooking spray (if you don’t have a doughnut hole pan, you can use a mini muffin pan). Set aside.
3. Mix the protein powder, flour, Splenda, cocoa powder, coffee granules, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Be sure to remove any clumps.
4. Next, in a separate bowl whisk the egg, almond milk, yogurt, and vanilla until completely smooth. Let sit for approximately 10 minutes until room temperature, so when you add in your coconut oil it doesn’t clump up. Once at room temperature, whisk in the coconut oil until smooth.
5. Now add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and gently fold together until just mixed (avoid over mixing, as this will make your doughnut holes very dense).
6. Spoon the batter evenly into each of the 12 doughnut hole forms. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Keep a close watch, as they burn easily. It’s better to have on the moist side versus over baked and dry.
7. Remove from oven and sprinkle with granulated stevia and/or protein powder. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!