Total Time: 48 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 38 min.
Yield: 4 servings
1½ tsp. olive oil, divided use
4 (4-oz.) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
4 medium shallots, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb. sliced mushrooms
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary (or 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary)
2 Tbsp. dry sherry (optional)
½ cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Heat 1 tsp. oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Keep warm.
3. Heat remaining ½ tsp. oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add shallots; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, on until translucent.
5. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
6. Add mushrooms and rosemary; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until mushrooms release all their liquid.
7. Add sherry (if desired) and broth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
8. Add chicken; cook for 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
9. Place a chicken breast on each of four serving plates. Top with mushroom mixture.